~ Custom Fiber Art Classes & Retreats ~
Teaching from her studio, in the 150 year old barn, Kim offers the opportunity to create and connect through custom fiber art retreats and private classes. Students & farmstay guests may choose between classes in felting, drop spindling, fiber preparation, needle felted murals, and natural dyeing.
Kim has taught fiber art classes to a variety of people, across all professions. She has worked with:
- knitwear and fashion designers from New York City, who wanted to understand the “big picture” of wool production.
- professional milliners who wanted to understand the origin of wool felt-from sheep to hat.
- art teachers who desired to add fiber arts to their curriculum and wanted ideas for how to introduce fiber art to young children.
- parents on vacation with their children who saw the value in spending time with their child, creating, laughing, and exploring.
- homeschooling families who wanted to extend their art curriculum and learn how fiber art can teach skills in other curriculum areas.
- friends reuniting who desired to learn a new skill together.
- families and wedding parties wanting to decompress and participate in a “team building” farm activity.
- children who came to experience farm life and explore the creative process through wool and fiber arts.
Fiber Art Classes
Private fiber art classes range in length from 2 hours to 5 hours. Kim has experience working with people of all ages and even enjoys teaching multi-generational classes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability for a private class. Use the button below to see our Farmstay availability.
Fiber Art Retreats
Whether planning a sister’s retreat, party for the bride, family vacation, or a gathering of friends, Kim will customize mini fiber art retreats for your group. Your retreat will revolve around a multi-day fiber art workshop on the farm. Kim will work with you to plan your activities and lessons. Please contact us at email@example.com to further plan your fiber retreat. Your retreat may include:
- overnight accommodations
- private custom class.